December 2022 ElectionsJuly 25, 2022
Hook Up on TinderFebruary 6, 2023
4 fundamental features:
- Availability of energy resources
- Acceptance of relevant environmental consequences
- Approachable investments
2 dominant features (Chester, 2010):
- Special emphasis on security of the supply of oil and natural gas as the two main forms of energy sources
- Application of energy security from a geopolitical and foreign policy perspective in relation to the decision-making process
At the same time, the following characteristics arise:
- The main element of energy security is the emphasis on the element of supply
- Crisis response measures, diversification and international relations as indicative actions for managing security of supply.
- Defining the parameters of priorities related to energy security through the new EU Energy Security and Solidarity Action Plan: infrastructure needs, diversification of energy supply, external energy relations, oil and gas reserves, crisis response mechanisms, energy efficiency and better use of the Union's energy resources.
REPowerEU, the new EU policy, turns against dependence on Russia and repositions energy security in terms of efficiency and Renewable Energy Sources (RES). At the same time, there is generally a tendency to disengage from Russia, which is now becoming evident.